Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 3.
Ruger Precision Rifle® Gen 3 6.5mm Creedmoor Bolt Action. Ruger Precision Rifle for sale
The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts a number of different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger. ruger precision rifle. 6.5 creedmoor rifle, ruger rifles, 308 rifle. 6.5 creedmoor rifle, ruger rifles, 308 rifle. 6.5 creedmoor rifle, ruger rifles, 308 rifle.
The Gen 3 version takes all the great stuff you loved about the Gen 2—and make just a few tweaks. First, the old KeyMod handguard has been replaced with a new lower-profile M-Lok handguard that gives you just a little more scope clearance for big optics—so if you prefer M-Lok, this is a nice change. The second improvement is a black nitride finish on the bolt, which replaces the stainless finish on the Gen 2 bolt. These aren’t groundbreaking changes by any means, but why overhaul a good thing? Bottom line: it’s still the RPR you know and love, but with a few shrewd improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
- New for the Gen 3:
- New lower-profile free-float handguard with M-Lok slots rather than KeyMod slots
- Black nitride finished bolt
- Highly accurate 24″ Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
- Medium contour (.75” at the muzzle) barrel, with 5/8”-24 threads
- Hybrid muzzle brake comes installed
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation
- Equipped with a free-float handguard with M-Lok slots
- May be configured with any AR-style handguard
- Ruger Precision MSR stock features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad
- Left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
- Adjustable for length of pull and comb height
- Includes two 10-rd. Magpul® PMAGs